I watched a fascinating program just now on the Science Channel about networks and connections and it got me thinking about my connectedness and I must admit I was gobsmacked.
Here are a few of the connections I could think of:
- I am 2 handshakes away from Theodore Roosevelt (my grandmother, as a very young child, attended William McKinley's funeral where she shook hands with TR.)
- 2 from President Barak Obama
- 3 from Queen Elizabeth II
- 3 from Peter Jackson and therefore 4 from the entire cast of LOTR by one route; 2 and 3 by another
- 5 from Albert Einstein
- 2 from Liberty Hyde Bailey
- 4 from NC Wyeth
- 2 from Kevin Bacon (had to add that one...)
- 2 from Paul McCartney
- 2 from Bo Bo Brazil, originator of the Coco-bop
(Bo Bo's on the right, not delivering a Coco-bop, but such is life.)
And I am just a nobody originally from a tiny village in Ohio, now from a small city in upstate NY. None of these are connections that I could call upon, they are merely handshakes but still it boggles my mind. Wow...