Friday, May 22, 2009

4"x6"

On Thursday I went down to NYC to drop off 8 pieces for a show of postcard-sized art at the APW Gallery in Long Island City (actually a section of Queens.) I have been trying to get someone down in the city to look at my work for a while now but to no avail. This show is a chance- a long shot probably but what the hey. I will not be able to attend the opening, but if I ever get a 3 or 4 person show or- gasp- a solo show, I promise I will attend the reception.
I took the opportunity to have lunch at Shopsin's, my favorite NYC eatery. I had to wait for about 40 minutes to get a seat but as always it was worth the wait. I also did some shopping in Soho- oh I am such a hick from the sticks...

Anyway, here are 7 of the 8 pieces I did for the postcard show (the photo of the 8th came out quite blurry, sorry.) I'm pretty happy with them, I like making the little cracked open rib cages.




















3 comments:

PooBahSpiel said...

Your postcard sized art is quite lovely. There I get an odd feeling that Gone with the Wind got mixed up with a little Voodoo with Vermont sensibilities.

P.M.Law said...

Thanks, Mark- Some folks find them a bit grisly but I think of it as showing what's in their hearts. I made a sheet of printed ribcages from a Dover CD, the scraps from the process are interesting also- who knows they may show up someday incorporated in some art.

loelbarr said...

The postcard pieces are wonderful! I love it when your art leans to the bizarre...which I suppose is most of it.